SuperPad2 Flytouch3 Hybrid Tim Rom (rooted)
Version 6 is based on the 20110803 firmware (Android 2.2) with a bunch of other stuff & tweaks added in,
and s0l's Huawei 3G sticks support lib added.
This rom should work with most flavors of Superpad 2 - Flytouch 3, but keep in mind that there are many different models out there, so something could go wrong with your model.
Flash this rom at your own risk.
Please report in the apadtv Hybrid rom thread also if the rom is working well for you, and not only if you have issues :)
that helps to know if the rom is heading in the right direction or not.
Main changes that you should get with that rom:
- Root access
- Speed increase
- Increased sound volume
- Automated updater, not requiring to wipe like during a regular flashing(see tip)
- User rom auto customization
- Different models wifi Fix (see tip)
- Arabic patch thanks to mazen (see tip)
- Fix for newer models 2Mp camera (see tip)
- 16GB tablet compatibility
- NTFS usb drives & sd support (the rom autoloader will see them as a damaged disk, simply use the dedicated mount usb drivesGScript to mount them)
- PPTP VPN (with or without encryption reported to work)
- tun.ko kernel module for VPN (not tested, please report if it works)
- Windows Network shares support (CIFS, use the app CifsManager for easy mounting)
- Huawei 3G sticks support (Off by default, see tip)
- Additionnal Realtek wifi usb sticks drivers (use GScript to load the extra modules, Edimax EW-7711UAN 11n USB reported to work ok)
- fix for the wrong colors in browser & most apps
- Media scanning off by default (see tip)
- ad-hoc wifi networks (see tip)
- ads blocking
- No need to remove your SD for installing apps
- internal SD card "local" free space is now at /mnt/sdcard and /local while external SD1 is at /mnt/sdcard/sdcard1
- Fix for 576 screen offset (see tip)
- Full screen color flash for most video types and sites
(still eating a lot of cpu, so certain video types can be unstable, make sure you are not using other cpu eating apps at the same time to improve stability)
- isofs.ko + loop mounting of iso images (use busybox mount)
- Launcher pro home screen
- updated framework & libs
- Youtube fullscreen HQ (use opera mini or Maxthon web browsers for auto switching to the app in youtube)
- working GPS with google maps & co (see tip)
- HDMI output (see tip)
- ssh daemon (Droidsshd)
- Quickpic (fast gallery)
- Better Keyboard 8 (set as default, see tip below to deactivate or switch back to the old keyboard)
- bash & a few other commands
- GScripts helpers:
o Clear Dalvik-cache & reboot
o arabic patch
o wifi fix
o Media scanning On-Off (Off by default, see tip below)
o SD speed patch On-Off (Off by default)
o Sysctl battery saving patch On-Off (Off by default, may slow down performance on certain tablets)
o Calendar & Contact sync On-Off (On by default)
o Dial contact, Dial number scripts
o cpu usage stats file save
o reboot, shutdown
o switch between wifi drivers(adhoc, stock rom..)
o ads blocking On-Off
Flashing is as usual: see procedure there: http://www.apad.tv/apadforum/showthread.php?236-New-Superpad2-FlyTouch3-Firmware-Download-With-Adobe-Flash-10.1-(Third-Release)
*To improve stability and avoid corruption on tablets with unstable battery, make sure to flash and boot at least the first time while plugged in power*
User Reported issues
- Rotating the screen while into Launcher Pro's drawer "compacts" the icons on top of each other
=> to fix swipe your finger on the screen as if you wanted to scroll the page.
- Calendar doesn't always see your account
=> restoring calendar settings from titanium backup seems to fix the issue
=> You can also declare a corporate account by entering your google account info
How to report issues
Things to test before reporting:
- make sure you have read all the Tips and searched on the forum before reporting an issue.
- make sure you are flashing and booting up while on power supply and not on battery, and when you are doing the testing
- try to reproduce your issue right after flashing and before restoring anything
- do not put your SD back inside or restore anything on your tablet when you do the testing.
- do the dalvik-cache clearing by clicking on the corresponding GScript and see if it helps your issue (next reboot will take a couple more minutes , this is normal)
- wait that the cpu usage is down to close to 0% for a few seconds before proceeding with testing.
How to report:
- List all the necessary steps to reproduce your issue
- If you can, record a video of the full process from flashing to the issue.
- If your issue is a slowdown, define in details what you define as a "slowdown" and what you are comparing it to to determine that something is "slow", as it's very subjective.
- Reboot and reproduce your issue right away,
- then Launch the GScript light application and click on the "Generate report" script, wait that it finishes, and send me the report.txt file that has been generated into /mnt/sdcard.
- Indicate when and where you bought the tablet, and describe it (red led, green led ? ..)
Maybe that will help to find out a pattern in common for tablets that have issues. ;)
That shall be the procedure to follow for all problems I can not reproduce, thanks to follow that procedure. :)
Send that info by PM to me on the apadtv forum as the forum has strict rules about posting info about stores.